This activity will not only practise children’s fine motor skills, but also encourage and foster children how to use the tools or different materials to express their creativity.
You will need
- paint (3 or more colours)
- a notebook (medium size)
- string & scissors (to cut the string)
What to do
- Help your child to pain various pieces of string different colours using their thumb and index finger.
- Your child should put the coloured strings between the pages of the notebook
- You or or child should then press on the page with one hand while pulling the string out with the other Open the notebook and see the images your child has created.
- Exploring and using media and materials to create the artwork.
- Turns book pages one at a time.
- Use two fingers to hold the object.
Ask your child
- How can you colour the string?
- What will happen if you pull the string out?
- How does it look?
- Do you want to try again to see if it’s going to be the same?