Through the process of tie-dying this activity might just spark your child's curiosity about how their clothes come in different colours.
As well as driving curiosity, this activity works children’s fine motor skills and fosters imagination and creativity.
What you need
- Wet tissue paper
- A pack of rubber band
- Dropper ( small size )
- Paint ( 3 colours at least )
What to do
- Roll the wet tissue paper and wrap it with the rubber band tightly
- Mix the paint with some water, then you can drop whatever colour you like on wet tissue paper
- Once the paper has dried out, cut the rubber band and open the wet tissue paper to see what patterns you made!
- Exploring and using media and materials to create art.
- Use fingers to roll and squeeze the object.
- Use two fingers to hold the object.
- Rubber band
Ask your child
- How can you roll the wet tissue paper?
- Can you squeeze the dropper?
- What colour can you see?