Threading string through pasta develops fine motor control needed for early writing skills
You will need
- a hollow pasta (e.g. macaroni or penne)
What to do
First, tie a large knot in the end of the string to prevent the pasta falling off the end. Next demonstrate to your child how to thread the string through the pasta and then encourage them to make a necklace or bracelet.
- Exercise hand-eye coordination
- Promotes the development of senses
Ask your child
- What does this pasta look like?
- What’s the difference between these pasta?
- How do you string pasta together?