Watch and learn as a marble paints interesting new patterns. If you don’t have a marble, you can replace it with a ball.
Please be careful, marbles are small. Ensure you participate in your child’s play to avoid them possibly choking on the marbles.
You will need
- Coloured paints
- Marble(s) (if you don’t have marbles or want to reduce choking hazards you can use a ball)
What to do
- Put the paper into the tray.
- Guide your child to:
- Put dollops of coloured paints on the paper.
- Place one or more marbles on the paper in the tray.
- Move the tray so that the marbles mix the colours together.
- This activity is great to develop your child’s eye-hand coordination, as they use their eyes to guide the direction of the ball with their hands.
- Fine motor skills: increase your child’s flexibility in their finger movements by encouraging them to make small changes in direction with their hands.
- Children can build self-confidence and ownership over their own work.
Ask your child
- What colour do you want to add in your picture?
- How many glass bead you want to add?
- How can you make your picture pretty?