Children are always interested in different kinds of arts. This time, we offer them fruits and vegetables which are easy to find and encourage them to discover the natural colour and create the art with it.
The children like to touch and feel the fruits and they may find out their little finger has changed the colours. They may put the finger into their mouth to taste it or wipe their finger on the white paper to check out the colour which may inspire them to start their creative art with the material prepared.
You will need
- Dragon fruits, lemon, broccoli
- White paper
What to do
Encourage your child to explore using the juices of natural fruits and vegetables to paint. Once they have explored the natural products, introduce additional paint colour and help them explore the difference between the natural and the artificial colours.
- Your child will develop their Language skills as they communicate with you or their friends.
- This is a fantastic opportunity for your child to develop their cognitive skills as they make connections to their previous knowledge.
- Using their hands and manipulating their fingers to move and hold the vegetables in their hands.
- Your child will also develop their art and creativity skills as they explore visual arts and paint, and work out how to use different materials in different ways.
Ask you child
- What does the natural colour look like?
- What’s the difference between the natural colour and the paints?
- What can you smell?
- What happens if you squeeze the fruit/vegetables?