Posted: 29 Apr 2020
Develop hand eye coordination playing a home made "horseshoe" game using paper plates.
You will need
- five (or more) paper plates
- cardboard tube from a roll of paper towel (you can also use a cylinder made from A4 paper)
- sticky tape
- coloured markers or paint
What to do
- create a target by attaching the cardboard tube from a roll of paper towel upright onto one of the paper plates using sticky tape
- using the scissors, cut the centres out of the paper plates, making a circular hole. Make the hole quite large so the game is easy enough for your child to enjoy.
- with your child, paint or colour the target and the paper plates
- assisting and taking turns with your child, throw the paper plates onto the target
- Develop your child’s hand-eye coordination.
- Exercise the ability to operate the hand
Ask your child
- How do you like the game?
- How do you want to throw this paper plate?