Create a fun activity that develops concentration, hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills and cause-consequence relationship.
You will need
- a tray or a fairly large container
- a funnel
- an empty transparent bottle
- a spoon
- seeds small enough for them to pass through the funnel (quinoa, millet, rice …)
What to do
Put the funnel in the empty bottle, “What happens when the seeds are transferred to the funnel?”. Encourage him to use the spoon to make the transfer and watch together how the seeds seep into the bottle!
This activity is always fascinating for children. In addition to being an excellent sensory experience, it allows your child to develop the precision of his gestures by being applied to fill the bottle.
- Develop your concentration
- Coordination of movements between the eye and the hand
- Gain dexterity
- The cause-consequence relationship
Ask your child
- How do you feel when you dip your hand in the seeds?
- What happens when you transfer the seeds to the funnel?
- Can you fill the bottle with your spoon?