This activity is great for pre-nursery children to explore the vegetables and fruits; they can know them by touching, smelling and observing.
You will need
- 3 different kinds of fruits (e.g. apple, banana, strawberry)
- 3 different kinds of vegetables (e.g. potato, tomato, corn)
- 2 containers
Note: 3 different kinds of vegetables and fruit are a good amount for younger children, and you are advised to select the food your child likes or has experienced.
What to do
Put the basket of vegetables in front of your child, encourage him/her to touch, smell and observe. Talk with your child about the contents of the basket, trying to get them to name and describe the fruit/vegetables in the basket. Guide your child to use words referring to the name of the object, colour, shape, taste, smell, and experiences your child has had before.
- Understand the simple questions.
- Able to imitate the words
- Able to name some objects out.
Ask your child
- What’s this ?
- Can you touch / smell it?
- What shape can you see ?
- What colour can you see?