Exercise your baby's fine motor skills as well as hand-eye coordination.
You will need
- A big bottle
- Small objects that can get in and out of the bottle
- A marker to decorate the bottle
What to do
This activity requires precision in gestures and a lot of dexterity. To do this, show your baby how to get a small object inside the bottle, then shake the bottle to show that the object is inside now. Turn the bottle over and shake it to show how to remove the object.
- Hand-eye coordination
- Fine motor skills
- Cognitive development
- Early mathematics
Ask your baby
- Can you put this inside the bottle?
- Does it make noise if you shake the bottle?
- Can you get the object out of the bottle?