Children will learn about shapes and colours through this activity.
You will need
- a box
What to do
Cut out 5 or more pieces of each shape, each with its own colour. You can decide the shapes and colours. For example:
- Red = heart
- Blue = circle
- Purple = square
Use one shape to stick in the box and place all the other shapes around your child. Then your child can put the matching shapes in the box. Guide your child once or twice so they can understand what this game is about.
- Begin interest in shapes and colours
- Fine motor skills: eye-hand coordination
Discuss with your child
- What is the colour of this shape?
- What is the difference between these shapes?
- Is there any difference between this shape and the shape in the box?