Posted: 17 Jun 2020
Children love storybooks. Why not create your own storybook with your child? This will develop language and communication skills.
You will need
- coloured pencils
What to do
The story can be some daily experience within your family:
- Discuss with your child and talk about your family’s story.
- Jot down notes by answering the 4Ws’- Who, What, Where, When.
- Staple pieces of paper together to bind into a book, ask your child to write down the page numbers.
- Draw your unique story and share it with your family members and relatives!
- Language / Communication: Use talk to organise, sequence and clarify thinking, ideas, feelings and events.
- Literacy / Writing: Gives meaning to marks they make as they draw, write and paint.
- Understanding the World: Remembers and talks about significant events in their own experience.
Ask your child
- What do you like to do with your family?
- Can you share your experience of going shopping/traveling with your families?