A science experiment with flowers and food colouring is a fun way to extend children's understanding of plants.
Children always enjoy watering the plants in the classroom, they all understand that water and sun will help the plants to grow. Children may wonder: “Do plants drink water? How do they do it?” Having
You will need
- Flowers (white colour will work best)
- Food colouring
- Science & Understanding of the world
- Looks closely at similarities, differences, patterns and change
- Talks about why things happen and how things work
- Developing an understanding of growth, decay and changes over time
Ask your child
- What will happen when we plant the flowers in the food colouring?
- Will the flowers change colour?
- Which one will the faster to change the colour?