Philosophy and Values
Every child is unique.
- Children have unique ways to learning and understanding the world around them. Through detailed observations and planning teachers are able to create exciting provocations for children to ensure each child can grow, develop and further learn.
Children are co-constructors of their learning.
- We strive to help our children gain the ability to actively construct their learning by offering environments that nurture positive relationships, celebrate true respect for each other’s interests, and value collaboration. Our experienced educators observe each child and offer careful guidance to facilitate their learning. We engage and collaborate with parents to ensure that learning continues at home.
Children’s character and wellbeing are cultivated through positive relationships, which is central to their growth and learning potential.
- We promote wellbeing in our children by teaching and modeling the core values of commitment, compassion, gratitude, integrity, and respect to our children. They bring a sense of purpose and identity into their world. Each child develops strength in their character to propel them to live, learn and flourish which is very important to academic and school success.
Innovative learning environments inspire children’s creativity, critical thinking, collaboration, and sensory engagement.
- Avendale International Kindergarten’s learning environments have been especially designed to inspire children’s creativity, develop critical thinking, collaboration, and sensory engagement. Children are able to move around the different learning spaces, engaging in purposeful play and exploration. We have created a stimulating and inspiring environment, where the environment is the third teacher.
Learning is a collaboration between the school, the child and the home.
- At Avendale International Kindergarten we believe that learning truly is a collaboration. Communicating with your family on how best we can support your child’s learning journey through emails, meetings, portfolios and more! By working together and sharing experiences and knowledge, your child will have the best start to their future.